Description and Responsibilities
Pingboard is looking for a talented Data Analyst who loves answering challenging questions about the product and the business. In this critical role, you will work across the entire company to champion and deliver data insights.
We are an analytics-driven company with a strong data foundation. From customer acquisition to improvements to our product, we look to data to understand customers, surface opportunities, and inform decisions. You will make sure we have the right data and use it to tell a story that can be intuitively understood. You’ll also bring the questions we’re not asking and be a key contributor to our success.
At Pingboard, we believe that transparency builds trust, and trust propels teams. Pingboard gives employees access to essential information about people, teams, and the company. We power up employee networks for growing companies around the world. We’re a small, close-knit team that believes in quality over hours worked, and that work should be full of interesting challenges, stimulating conversations, and friendly people.
This position is part of our Product Team and is available in the U.S. remotely or in Austin, Texas. Due to the pandemic, our company is currently distributed and intends to remain so until we can ensure our employees would be safe and feel comfortable returning. Pingboard is committed to building an inclusive team with diverse backgrounds and life experiences. We encourage people from groups that are underrepresented in tech to apply!
You’re excited about this role because you’ll
- Partner with the product, marketing, customer experience, and leadership teams to surface product and business insights and opportunities
- Be an expert on customer behavior and trends
- Work directly with the Growth Engineering team to design and measure experiments to help customers experience Pingboard’s full value
- Field questions and data requests from across the organization
- Help define and monitor key metrics
- Help ensure data consistency on both production and analytical databases
- Collaborate with internal data customers to gather requirements
- Help co-workers improve their understanding and utilization of data through friendly coaching and hosting office hours
We’re excited about you because you
- Have 3+ years experience as a data scientist, data analyst, or data engineer, preferably at a SaaS company
- Have experience writing and optimizing SQL queries for large data sets, and are comfortable with Common Table Expressions and window functions
- Have a consistent record of using data to help product teams understand customers and measure success
- Overflow with curiosity; you’re full of questions and get excited when others bring you more
- Are able to communicate your learnings effectively to different audiences, telling a story through both writing and visualizations
- Have experience with Redshift and Airflow or similar tools
- Communicate well—clearly, kindly, often—within your team and with others
- Have experience working successfully on a distributed team
Please apply even if you don’t meet 100% of these qualifications. If you’re passionate about the opportunity and what we’re doing, we want to meet you!
- An advanced degree in a quantitative field
- In-depth knowledge of Chartio
- Strong visualization skills
- Python experience with scientific programming and/or Airflow automation
- Business Intelligence or Finance experience
To support you in your work, we offer
- Competitive salary and equity stake in the company
- Medical and dental coverage
- A supportive environment where you can be your authentic self
- An experienced leadership team committed to transparency
- Flexible work hours, because life doesn’t pause during 9-5 (especially right now)
- Open vacation policy, plus company holidays, so you can take the time you need to relax and restore
- Parental leave for new parents