Pecan Street inc
Description and Responsibilities
Full job listing available at https://www.pecanstreet.org/2020/08/analyst/
Pecan Street Inc. seeks a Data Analyst to be part of its award-winning team accelerating innovations for climate and conservation solutions. The selected candidate will be part of a passionate, dynamic team that works on a range of exciting programs in partnership with public and private entities. An Austin-based candidate is preferred however remote work is an option for this role.
- Provide data science and analytics on large streams of residential energy data, residential water data, home energy audit data and demographic data.
- Assist in identifying marketable sets of data from within Pecan Street’s data archive for offering to research and commercial partners.
- Using SQL, query Pecan Street data sources to extract information for internal requests of data.
- Coordinate with internal staff on data needs external to the organization, and assist with creating and running queries to fulfill external requests.
- Perform unassisted research towards the goals of the firm
- Provide analysis and reporting of results
Experience and Skills
Pecan Street seeks a candidate with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Building Science, Computer Science, Economics, Statistics, or other relevant field. Graduate degree preferred.
- Ability to take large and/or complex data and make it more accessible, understandable and usable
- Proven track record of performing applied research and analysis
- Understanding of building science and/or residential construction
- Proficiency in SQL
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Experience in visualizing data to effectively communicate research findings
- Communication and relationship building skills – candidate should be comfortable dealing with all levels of an organization, including delivering presentations to executive level audiences, and community groups.
- Teamwork – candidate should be able to work effectively in a team environment.
- Planning and organizational skills – candidate should be able to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast paced and demanding work environment.
Benefits are competitive and include:
- health insurance requiring no contribution from the employee including dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and affordable family plans;
- 401(k) retirement planning;
- 15 days of annual paid-time off plus 10 additional holidays;and,
- 3 months of fully paid maternity and paternity leave.
Applications will be accepted through September 15, 2020. Please apply at https://www.pecanstreet.org/apply/. Application package should include resume, cover letter, and a report sample detailing the results of a statistical analysis.