The Director of Technology Partnerships will use a collaborative approach to meet employer demand for a diverse, highly trained tech workforce. The Director is responsible for implementing the strategic vision and daily operations in conjunction with the Senior Director of Business Engagement, Partnership members, and community leaders. The Director’s primary responsibilities are leadership, organizational management, and community building. Works under the direction of the Senior Director of Business Engagement with moderate latitude for the use of initiative and independent judgment.
• Utilize the principles established in the Next Generation Sector Partnership model and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Talent Pipeline Management Initiative to launch and maintain a Technology Sector Partnership comprised of employers, educators and community support partners
• Formulate and present recommendations based upon Workforce Solutions Capital Area’s Austin Area Technology Talent Labor Market Study
• Raise awareness of the tech workforce development pipeline, including entry-level jobs and career advancement opportunities
• Expand the post-secondary education pipeline for tech training
• Support secondary education initiatives and activities that provide tech career awareness to students
• Broker relationships with other community partners and government agencies who support workforce development in the tech industry
• Raise financial resources and leverage strategic relationships in support of Partnership goals
• Clearly communicate the Partnership’s mission, goals, and accomplishments through a variety of mediums
Education and experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree, preferred. Experience in the tech field, preferred. Experience in project management, event planning, and grant management, preferred. Experience and education may be substituted for one another.