Engineering, Full Time
$100k - $160k
Description and Responsibilities
GetUpside is a digital platform that connects millions of users with tens of thousands of gas stations, restaurants, and grocery stores nationwide. Shoppers know us as the mobile app that offers 2 to 3 times more cash back than anyone else, and brick-and-mortar businesses know us as the platform that’s helping them earn more profit than ever before (and proving it). We know ourselves as community-builders. When people and businesses are better off, communities grow stronger.
Meet GetUpside Engineering
The Engineering team at GetUpside is a close-knit group of hardworking, fast-learning individuals that believes in our mission to help communities thrive. We believe in a data-driven approach to decision-making and an encouraging culture that emphasizes learning from our mistakes. We debate and deliberate on the best ideas to improve our tech stack, and strive for an inclusive atmosphere that champions the psychological wellness of all of our teammates.
About the Job
GetUpside is growing our Engineering Productivity team! This team is focused on making the software development life cycle at GetUpside as smooth as possible. To this end, we develop infrastructure, tools and processes that let teams test, release, and manage their software artifacts more easily.
In this role, you will be one of the foundational members of our team. Initially, you’ll be responsible for designing and implementing tools and infra to make software testing easier for engineers - over time, we expect to also solve engineering challenges in release management, monitoring, and alerting. This is a great opportunity for an engineer looking to work with a high level of autonomy and with a wide variety of technologies.
Our technology stack:
AWS to run our microservices in a message-oriented-architecture
Java 8 / Dropwizard / 12-factor apps
Python 3 / Serverless AWS Lambdas
MySQL & DynamoDB
S3 / Snowflake / Looker
Jenkins / Github / Terraform
What Will You Do?
- Collaborate with the engineering organization to identify gaps in how we test and release.
- Develop features enabling engineers to efficiently test and monitor the health of the GetUpside platform.
- Automate and improve how we run Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Develop new standards and processes for engineers to more easily test and monitor software artifacts.
- Work with engineering teams to integrate Engineering Productivity-developed tools and infrastructure into the standard developer workflow.
- Identify, design, lead and/or participate in anything and everything that needs to get done.